When planning a family vacation, it’s important to factor in the “family” part. Many travel destinations offer attractions for all ages, so it’s a good idea to do your research ahead of time – thereby making sure your itinerary has plenty for the littler ones to enjoy. For travelers to Branson, there’s an abundance of activities for the kids – and the kids at heart – to enjoy.
- Silver Dollar City – A theme park packed with thrill rides, musical shows, restaurants and shops. Features more than 40 rides and attractions, including 10 family adventures at Fireman’s Landing, plus the big thrills of the groundbreaking, double barrel-rolling wood coaster Outlaw Run, named Best New Ride of 2013 worldwide and featured in Guinness World Records 2015.
- White Water Branson – This wet and wonderful water park features 2 million gallons of fun rides and attractions, from riveting to relaxing. The whole family can enjoy the tides of the 500,000-gallon wave pool, the gentle flow of the Aloha River or the family-friendly fun at Splashaway Cay and Coconut Cove. Braver visitors can test themselves on the other White Water park rides, such as the speed slides of Kalani Towers or KaPau Plummet, a heart-pounding thrill slide with a 240-foot, 70-degree plunge followed by a spiraling loop to splashdown! Night Water events during the summer provide aquatic fun well into the night, with Dive-In Movies and much more.
- Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede – Tighten your bootstraps for a powerful performance featuring 32 magnificent horses and cast of top-notch trick riders in a 35,000 square foot arena. Thrill to a friendly North and South competition, horse riding stunts at top speeds, spectacular special effects, phenomenal musical productions all while you enjoy a mouth-watering four-course family feast! The perfect combination of world-class entertainment and fantastic four-course dining.
- Ride the Ducks – Family fun in the city. The nation’s largest amphibious tour operator creates “Quack-tastic” experiences by offering riders an entertaining sightseeing experience that is fun, informative and engaging. Captains lead visitors through historic and scenic streets with a splashdown into the water for a fun cruise.
- Branson Scenic Railway – Enjoy a 40-mile round trip excursion through the Ozark foothills. Relax and get away from it all. Choose from dome cars to coach seating aboard vintage equipment from the 1940s and 1950s. Stroll through the train to see the unique features of the different cars. Listen to narrated stories about the history of the railroad, its communities and each piece of equipment. For a more elegant excursion, book your passage on the Dinner Train – an unforgettable and unique onboard dining experience.
- Branson Zipline – Conveniently located in the heart of the Ozark Mountains, just minutes north of Branson, Wolfe Creek Preserve is home to one of the premier eco-adventure experiences in the world (see video below). These canopy tours are world-class experiences and consist of ziplining from platform to platform and traversing multiple sky bridges through the tree canopy – all under the supervision of certified guides. Depending on how much fun your group can stand, there are tours that last 1.5, 2.5 and 3.5 hours.
- Titanic Museum – A permanent museum that balances history and tragedy. The building façade replicates the ship (complete with iceberg). Once inside, you’ll see re-created state and steerage rooms, along with artifacts from the wreckage – including a Bible and a violin used by one of the musicians who went down with the ship.
So, now that you’ve got the family excited for a trip to Branson, what are you waiting for? Drop us a line at email@example.com to get the planning started.